Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Headphones

This is headphone rant.

I've read from Macrumors that a new set of headphones will come along with the new iPhone. Out of Vietnam (same as my current set of Apple headphones) the new set will sport a unibody design 'characteristic of Apple products'.

It looks sexy and all that but still lacks the only feature I wanted to come with high-end earphones, physically-etched L/R markings.

Being quite the audiophile, I prize myself with high-quality audio. This means I make sure that the right headphone is in the right ear 'cause it simply ruins the overall musical experience when an earpiece is in the wrong place. You can sense that something isn't quite right with the music.

Simple engraved L/R markings can avoid that. Couldn't hurt if you put an extra assembly line for etching this marks. Will sure make a lot of people happy, and It'll free me from the crazy looks people give me when I closely look at the markings before placing each one in the place where they belong.

But it doesn't need to be Apple, nor does it have to be etched markings. It could come from anyone with a good sense of design and affordance that'll liberate us from this earthly problem.